[cs_content][cs_section parallax=”false” style=”margin: 0px;padding: 45px 0px;”][cs_row inner_container=”true” marginless_columns=”false” style=”margin: 0px auto;padding: 0px;”][cs_column fade=”false” fade_animation=”in” fade_animation_offset=”45px” fade_duration=”750″ type=”1/1″ style=”padding: 0px;”][x_custom_headline level=”h3″ looks_like=”h3″ accent=”false” class=”cs-ta-center”]Below is a summary of the results from the 2017 Election Survey.
[/x_custom_headline][cs_text]Below is a summary of the results from the 2017 Election Survey.
[/cs_text][cs_text]Q1: Please rank the following in order of importance (1 being most important, 5 being least).
1. Larger venues for senior tournaments would decrease crowding and allow us to run events more quickly and with less waiting.
2. Visible score and time on scoreboxes would make it easier for fencers and referees to keep track of where they are in the bout.
3. Grounded (metal) strips would make it easier for referees to judge epee, and would also allow the Division to enter bids for regional tournaments such as SYCs, ROCs, and RYCs.
4. Hiring regional and national referees improves the quality of our local tournaments, and also gives our local referees more guidance from experienced mentors.[/cs_text][x_image type=”none” src=”http://mndivfencing.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/graph.png” alt=”” link=”false” href=”#” title=”” target=”” info=”none” info_place=”top” info_trigger=”hover” info_content=””][cs_text]Notable write-in answers:
-More Team Tournaments
-Continued Referee and armorer development
-More regional or statewide tournaments[/cs_text][cs_text]Q2: For each potential improvement, how many dollars would you be willing to pay in addition to last season’s registration fee to have that improvement at a given tournament?[/cs_text][x_image type=”none” src=”http://mndivfencing.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/surveygrpah2.jpg” alt=”” link=”false” href=”#” title=”” target=”” info=”none” info_place=”top” info_trigger=”hover” info_content=””][cs_text]Q3: If you were to volunteer for bout committee, how much would you want to be compensated?[/cs_text][cs_text]Answer and Count
I would do it for free- 20.00% (5)
I would want to receive vouchers for future tournaments- 60.00% (15)
I would want to be paid- 8.00% (2)
I would not do Bout Committee -12.00% (3)
Total: 25[/cs_text][x_custom_headline level=”h3″ looks_like=”h3″ accent=”false” class=”cs-ta-center”]What does all this mean?[/x_custom_headline][cs_text]In response to the information we collected above, the MN Division Board has made a concerted effort to bring positive change to the 2017 fencing season. Keep your eyes open for:
– Larger venues for senior tournaments (Roseville Community Center will play a large role)
– A newly-purchased grounded strip (necessary equipment for the division to make a bid for regional tournaments)
– More frequent and consistent communication from the board through email, social media, etc.